Q: 05 acura tl wont crank till the third time trying?

asked by on June 21, 2017

I recently had water pump,timming belt and spark plugs changed and car won't start on first try like before. It starts up on the third try. What could be the problem.

If the problem occurred right after the service, there might be a connection. If the timing belt were not correct I would expect to see a check engine light, so that’s probably not the case. But there might be a vacuum line off or a loose connection at an air boot that is causing the problem. If the problem developed later, it may be unrelated. On high mileage cars like yours I usually suspect one or more injectors is dripping when the car is shut off, causing an over-rich condition when you try to restart. Either way, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your hard starting Acura and let you know what can be done for it.