Q: Dash lights on, now the car won't start at all

Recently, the dashboard started showing the ABS light illuminated, followed by the brake light coming on. While I'm driving, I'm not able to increase the speed or the car starts accelerating by itself. I've also noticed the speedometer is malfunctioning. It would occasionally stop working and when it works, the speed is inaccurate. I had the transmission speed sensor replaced by a mechanic. After that, it improved somewhat. Now, however, the dashboard lights that were on before, came back on again along with the service four wheel drive light illuminated. The issue got even worse. The 4WD got stuck and I wasn't able to change it. This morning, the car wouldn't even start. Do you have any idea what happened with my car?

Since so many systems are transmitting problems, check the battery connections. A simple check, but sometimes a faulty connection can cause all kinds of problems. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, scan the vehicle and pull all of the trouble codes coming up and diagnose them. A diagnostic scanner can be used while the vehicle is in operation to test sensor readings and see if the sensors are failing.

3. Dash lights on, now the car won't start at all