Q: Hi. How do you reset the limp home mode in a manual shift?

asked by on February 12, 2017

No problems that I can notice...but the engine light comes on & off from time to time. I looked up the light & was wondering could I just reset the limp home mode to make it stay off.

The check engine light means there is a problem in the computer system that need to have a scanner to retrieve the codes stored in memory. Once the codes are retrieved you can have the codes pinpoint test done to locate and isolate the cause of the light coming on.