Q: Hey my check engine lamp work but my Rom and speed lamps do not what could cause this

asked by on April 08, 2017

My check wine lamps and lamps and all the other lamps work in my dashboard other then my Rom and speed and temp gauges was wondering why so

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The instrument panel has quite a few separate bulbs. You may have a circumstance where some of the bulbs are faulty and need to be replaced. If you are referring to intermittent operation though and/or gauge malfunctions, the cause could lie in under dash wiring, terminals, and also, in the case of gauge malfunctions, problems with the sensor or sending unit that is supplying the signal to the gauge(s). In any event, if you request an electrical component diagnostic - instrument panel illumination/gauges, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr