Q: While driving its making howling noise

asked by on December 09, 2017

Well today i waa driving on the highway and only going 65 but as i was pressing the gas it was making a howling noise and its acting like it dont have no power

Howling noises can take on many forms, but the one that comes immediately to mind is the rear axle. The ring and pinion gears can set up a nasty howl that might occur when you step on the gas and not when you are off the pedal, or vice versa. If there is severe damage, it might make it harder to move the truck so you will feel a power loss. But that is all the speculation I can do from this desk, you need to have somebody drive this truck and listen to it. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Howling Chevy and let you know what is the problem.