Q: how do I know if a transmission kit will fix my transmission issues are there only certain issues it can fix?

thinking of buying a cheap car and rebuilding the transmission for a friend but I'm not sure the cause of the transmission issues and want to know if a transmission kit would likely fix or if there are more issues than the kit can fix usually. can it only fix certain issues is what I'm asking.

Hi John. Thanks for contacting us today. Most minor transmission problems, like slipping or being stuck in one gear are typically caused by damaged seals or gaskets inside the transmission. In cases like these, rebuilding a transmission with a standard rebuild kit will often resolve those problems. However, it’s never guaranteed that the rebuild kit will resolve these problems. Sometimes new internal components would be required. I would try to determine what problems are happening and doing some additional research about common repairs to fix those issues and determine if it’s within your bandwidth.

3. how do I know if a transmission kit will fix my transmission issues are there only certain issues it can fix?