Q: The engine loses power after accident, warning lights on

Hello. I've had an accident with my car and some parts were damaged and therefore replaced, including side air bags and a repaired back left wheel that almost fell off the car during the accident. Also, I replaced the driveshaft, CV joints, tie rods and the back shock absorber. I had the battery recharged as well. Now, there is a problem with acceleration from the moment of startup. I apply the gas pedal to the limit but the the car runs so slow. It doesn't go over 1800 RPM according to tachometer. The dashboard shows check engine light, air bag light and VSC illuminated. What do you suggest I should do? What could be causing this? Thank you.

A: The engine computer will need to be tested ...

The engine computer will need to be tested to see the codes received. There is a problem in the system that is causing the computer to go into failure mode and limit the throttle opening. Considering the fact that you were in an accident, there may be problems with sensors for the engine or suspension.