Q: Two rear brake lights are not working. The top one is.

Is the brake light switch connected directly to the brake lights? So that my issue is between the brake light switch and the bulbs? I have checked the brake light switch and power supply to it. They are fine.

Hi there. Having power to the brake light switch leads me away from a fuse related issue. Not knowing the model, makes it difficult to know whether the brake light switch is two wire or multiple wire. If it’s a two-wire switch, we know the switch is working, as the third light works. This would lead me to believe the junction for the stop lights may have a problem or the brake light bulbs have burnt.

For a multiple wire switch, the upper and lower brake light bulbs may have separate circuits in the switch, and the brake light switch may be at fault.

If you need more in-depth help, I recommend having your vehicle’s brake light problem diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Two rear brake lights are not working. The top one is.