Q: My driver side tire makes a clicking sound like a baseball card in a bike tire. It does not happen driving over 50 mph

asked by on October 24, 2016

I checked underneath my car and both wheels, nothing looked off. My driver side back tire makes a clicking sound when taking off and driving slowly. Once I hit 50 mph it goes away and the car drives fine

Hi. This sounds like the you have a bad wheel bearing on your passenger side front wheel. Sometimes bad wheel bearings will only make noise at low speeds. This is usually the case when the wheel bearing is first starting to go bad and hasn’t completely failed. Another possibility is there is something with the brakes on that side. Rather it be the brake pads itself or the brake hardware causing it, the brakes could be defective on that side. I suggest you have a certified technician from YourMechanic diagnose the noise so that this can be addressed correctly.