Q: P1810 Pressure Manifold Fault

asked by on July 06, 2016

I own a 2001 Monte Carlo SS with a 3.8 motor and a 4T65E transmission. VIN# 2g1wx15k319226376. The block of the motor cracked and the transmission was

slipping so I replaced it with the same size motor and same number transmission from a 2003 Jeff Gordon edition Monte Carlo SS VIN# 2g1wx12k739358113. The

motor would not start so the mechanic replaced the wiring harness and it started with the 2001 computer (coded 1LDB) but the transmission has given a code

(P1810 pressure manifold switch fault) and would not shift properly. We hauled the car to a transmission shop and replaced the computer with the 2003

computer(coded 3LDB) and the car would not start again. We replaced the 03 computer with the 01 computer and it once again started but it is shifting

hard and showing the same P1810 again. Any advice to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If you have code P1810, then this might be something wrong with the transmission control valve for the gear position sensor, or a compatibility problem between the different computers. Have a pinpoint test for the code done and see if it comes up with a failed part or ECM problem that cannot be fixed.