Q: Oil pressure low

asked by on October 12, 2016

My car was over heating due to a faulty belt and gasket, but after changing both the car works normal but bringing oil pressure low after a long drive. The car automatically switch off when I step on the brakes. My mechanic has changed the oil filter and also checked the oil pump but the problem is still on. Please what else can I do to resolve this issue with my car. Thank you

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It’s very possible that the crank position sensor is either sending faulty data or is broken and needs to be replaced. The car is shutting off automatically as a safety precaution due low pressure being detected. There could honestly be a dozen other issues that can cause these symptoms, so it’s probably in your best interest to have one of our professional mechanics complete an oil pressure light is on inspection. This process will allow the mechanic to pinpoint the source of your issue so that it can be resolved. Hope this helps and best of luck!