Q: Chrysler 300 C stalls and won't go forward or backwards at time when I cut the car off and back on it drives

asked by on November 22, 2017

I have a Chrysler 300 C it loses power and stalls , wouldn't go forward or reverse when I cut the car off and on it goes forward loses power and when I tried to go forward it went backwards

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

If the engine is only stalling, or idling roughly, without putting the car in drive, then you probably have an engine management issue (fuel, ignition, air induction, etc.). On the other hand, if the stalling is only occurring once you put the car in gear, then components such as the torque converter and torque converter lock up solenoid should be evaluated. Another possibility is an internal hydraulic leak in transmission seals causing pressure to apply both reverse and forward gears at the same time, lock up the transmission and stall the engine. Pressure testing (external gauges) can be used to see if such a leak is caused by a leaking seal or a leaking reverse or forward solenoid/valve. With regard to engine controls that might cause stalling, some relevant components are the throttle position sensor, the idle control valve, and the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor. YourMechanic offers a stalling diagnostic which covers both transmission and engine related faults. If you request that service a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get this problem resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.