Q: Installing new ignition lock cylinder problems.

I was able to drill out my old ignition lock cylinder but now I can't get the new one in. I'm worried I drilled to deep and damaged the retainer/bearing/gear. Is that it? Do I replace those parts, if so, how?

A: As far as I know this generation of F150 ju...

As far as I know this generation of F150 just requires a small screwdriver and the key to remove the ignition lock cylinder. Push a small screwdriver into the hole in the bottom and push up until you hear it click, then pull the lock cylinder out using the ignition key. I don't know that anything needs to be drilled. If you did drill something, then it's possible that you damaged other parts. I can't tell you what was damaged without looking at the truck. You can however make sure that the bore of the cylinder is clean and free of any burrs, as that could hinder the lock cylinder from being installed properly. If that still doesn't work, you may need to call in a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your home or work and get your ignition cylinder working.