Q: Hello. I have a aveo lt 2009. Seems to be doing vaccum trhu the oil deep stick. a machanic told me to change pcv valve

asked by on April 12, 2017

The aveo 2009 lt 5 star loosing power . suddenly it start but it does have no force. I was told to change pcv valve, but it is not on the plastic cover above valves, neither around it. I look every where and check google for it. people ask the same question but no answer. no one knows

This vehicle’s engine does not use a conventional style (accessible) PCV valve. Instead, there is an orifice which meters the flow rate of blow by gases at a rate dependent on inlet vacuum. This PCV orifice is an integral part of the camshaft (valve) cover and therefore to service it you have to remove or replace the cover. The system can be inspected and tested to determine whether cleaning or replacement is required. Please simply request PCV valve inspection and service and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. With regard to the possibly poor running condition of the engine, that would be evaluated along with the inspection and servicing (if required) of the valve. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.