Q: Is there some trick to taking the coil pack off a spark plug?

First one I tried is tight, jiggles a little ( left to right) but I don't' want to force it. I thought it should slip right out.

Hey there. The coil pack is not connected directly to the spark plug. There should be a spark plug wire running from the coil pack to the spark plug with a small ’boot’ on the end of the wire that snaps onto the spark plug. These can sometimes get stuck onto the plug pretty tight. Try lightly wiggling back and forth and it should eventually come off. You can also try (if you can get it into this angle) spraying a small amount of WD-40 into the boot where the plug meets it and letting it soak for a bit before trying again. If you need assistance with this service, a qualified pro from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to perform a coil pack replacement.

3. Is there some trick to taking the coil pack off a spark plug?