Q: Metal sounds at startup and during driving

asked by on June 14, 2016

Most recently, my car started making sounds similar to those of metal and empty tin cans. It is now constant, from the moment I start up the car all through the drive. I filled in oil as it was low but it didn't help. What could be causing these sounds? Thanks.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A couple of different items can cause the rattling you have described. The most likely would be a belt idler, belt tensioner, engine top end noise, or an engine knock. I would have this checked soon to prevent any further damage. If you need help, have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the noise and perform any repairs required.