Q: Will battery disconnect erase/delete obd2 data

I want to change my spark plugs (and save myself about $50 in labor), but don't want to lose any obd2 error codes my mechanic may need. I am planning on having my mechanic do a full inspection on the vehicle later this week. Will removing the negative terminal from the battery erase or delete the codes, and make it more difficult and costly for the diagnosis of any additional repairs currently needed on my vehicle? Thank you.

A: Disconnecting the battery will not clear an...

Disconnecting the battery will not clear any codes in memory of the computer for stored OBD2 codes. The only way to clear the codes is to use a scanner and use the code clear function.