Steering wheel is locked and key won't turn. Gas pedal is...

Q: Steering wheel is locked and key won't turn. Gas pedal is stiff... What to do

asked by on August 16, 2017

Steering wheel is locked and key won't turn in the ignition and the gas pedal is stiff

Hi Ronelle. Thanks for writing in tonight. Usually when the key won’t turn and the steering wheel is locked, the issue is with the ignition cylinder (where the key is inserted). There are a few things you can do to attempt to loosen the key - which you can review by clicking this link to the article. If you try these few items and can’t get the key to loosen and steering wheel to unlock, please have a mechanic come to your location to complete an onsite inspection, so they can figure out why this is happening and help resolve the problem.