Q: The engine is noisy

When the car is running there is noise from the engine

Hello.

A noisy engine can be caused by many things. The first thing I would do is check the engine oil to make sure that it is not low. Low oil can cause engine noise, and even damage to engine if any of the metal components run dry and come into direct contact with each other.

If the oil looks okay I would then try to pinpoint what area of the engine, or from what accessory the noise is coming from. As noises can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, and the possibilities can vary greatly, I would recommend having a professional technician, like one from YourMechanic, look at the vehicle in order to pinpoint the noise.