Q: More brake noise than there should be, low mileage

When I drive around in my 2012 Chrysler 200, people will look at it surprised because they were expecting to see a much older car. Probably because of the terrible noisy brakes that make a racket every time I stop anywhere! This is a pretty new car with just over 30,000 miles on it and it should NOT sound like this, especially since I replaced the brakes and rotors at 24,000 miles! What can I do to make the noise go away?

The brakes squeaking can be caused by the brakes overheating either from a caliper issue or glazed rotors and pads. When it comes to doing brake repairs, a brake job consisting of rotors and brake pads can only be part of the job. To choose your replacement parts consider the quality as well as the price. The quality of the product used, directly relates to the amount of heat dissipation the rotor and pads can handle. Overheating of the rotors and pads usually translates into a squeak or squeal in the brakes and is the first sign to brake deterioration, followed by a longer stopping distant during quick stopping maneuvers. The noise you are hearing should have a thorough inspection to check the pads for glazing and the rotors for damage and warping due to overheating. YourMechanic can come to you and diagnose your squealing brakes and advise you on any problems found and repairs needed.