Q: Could my accident have caused motor mount damage?

In an accident about 4 mo ago. Rear ended with extensive body damage. Just found out that the motor mount has collapsed and the timing cover is cracked, one bolt missing and the other is sheared off. Adjuster says that it couldn't have happened from the accident. Should I get a second opinion or is it a lost cause. The dealership where the car says, said it can't be proven one way or the other. Help

A: Unfortunately, there is no definitive way t...

Unfortunately, there is no definitive way to tell for certain if the broken motor mount was caused by the rear-end impact. It may have been possible in an extreme situation, but again, it would be hard to prove. If there was any frame damage caused by the accident, it could have been possible for the motor mount to fail if the frame was slightly buckled, but this would have required an extreme amount of force. If you want to obtain a second opinion or have a professional repair your vehicle, contact an expert technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect the vehicle damage or replace your motor mounts.