Q: I have 2008 toyota highlander with vsc/trac off check engine light. I took to the shop and get the diagnostic. They are saying it

Mechanic shop guy is saying that it is O2 sensor around catalytic converter and will cost more than 500 usd including labor and parts. I am not sure if this is right quote or not.

Hello - the first task is to determine what problem codes are causing the Check Engine light to be on. The VSC/Traction Control messages would be related to a wheel speed sensor, ABS module or brake light issue - not an oxygen sensor or catalytic converter. There would be other code(s) for that issue. Customer Service will provide an estimate for an oxygen sensor replacement service. If you would like a 2nd opinion, I would recommend a Check Engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• I have 2008 toyota highlander with vsc/trac off check engine light. I took to the shop and get the diagnostic. They are saying it