Q: Car turns on and off. The brake and the steering wheel gets harder.

The light engine turned on a few days ago and I got it scanned saying P0171 which they told me that I needed to replace the intake manifold gasket. I was going to do myself but then I couldn't do it because of the position of the screws. So I was going to buy an extension and then It turned off while driving. And the car has been shaking.

Hello, thanks for writing in. The P0171 is an indication of a lean mixture, which can be caused by an air leak in the intake (as you were advised), a borderline engine temp sensor reporting a warmer engine temperature than exists, or a weak oxygen sensor. (There was also a Toyota Technical Service Bulletin which addresses "lean running issues in very cold climates" - #228497.)

If you need assistance with this repair, I would recommend having a rough idle inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.