Q: Will a 2010 camaro transmission fit in a1999 chevy van 1500

asked by on June 22, 2017

Will a transmission from a 2010 chevy camaro fit in a 1999 chevy van 1500 express?

Hi there. There is an old saying in mechanics - "with fabrication, everything is possible". However, compatibility with modern technology is an entirely different subject. The transmission from a 2010 Camaro has multiple sensors and electrical solenoids that would most likely not be compatible with a 99 vehicle of any sort. So, if you’re asking if it would fit - the answer is yes; with some fabrication and modification. However, it’s just not a practical application.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr