Q: How much would it cost to get the gear box replaced in my 1996 Acura RL

My car gear box is striped out. How do I get it replaced? Or do I have to replace the whole transmission?

Hello. If the transmission gears are actually stripped then the transmission needs to be either rebuilt or replaced. It can be taken apart and inspected to see if it is savable but it may not be. If not then it would need to be replaced with an entire other unit. You should take the vehicle to a transmission specialist to have it looked at.

3. How much would it cost to get the gear box replaced in my 1996 Acura RL