Q: White smoke coming from exhaust.

When I start my car, it expels white smoke from the exhaust pipe and the cab vents. I think coolant might be getting into the oil.

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

White smoke is an indication of coolant burning, especially if you having to add coolant frequently. If the white smoke is coming out the exhaust pipe then it is most likely being consumed in the combustion chamber. A common cause is a failed head gasket or a possible crack in the block or cylinder head. An indication of coolant getting into the oil would be a milky colored residue on the dipstick and on the oil filler cap. To be sure of this diagnosis you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who has the equipment and training to be able to diagnose and repair this issue.