Q: Electrical controls not working - 2014 Infiniti QX60

I had a really bad battery in my car when I bought it second hand. It was the worst grade and the car wouldn’t start even with a jump. So I picked up a new high performance gel battery and my car starts. But some of the controls aren’t working for the lights, windows and a few other things. The back hatch door light in the console flashes all the time. The hatch door wiper blades teeters all the time. The 3rd row seat heat and air conditioning is blowing all the time. I can’t get them to turn off, and I can’t get back any indicators on the dashboard. I’m going to fix this myself but need help. Do you have any advice or suggestions please?

Hello. From the symptoms you describe, it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing some serious electrical issues. Unless you are knowledgable on the subject, I would not recommend attempting to work on this vehicle’s electrical system on your own. A luxury vehicle such as this uses a highly sophisticated, and therefore highly sensitive, electrical system that can sometimes be difficult to diagnose or work on if you are unfamiliar. It’s possible that there is a short in the circuit somewhere or a problem with the computer that is causing all of these electrical problems to occur. I would have a professional technician carefully diagnose the electrical system so that this repair can be taken of properly.