Q: Can I use E 15 gas

My son and I had a conversation and googled E15 gas and was it safe for our cars. 06 chevy Colorado 05 Honda Odyssey 03 Honda Accord 88 Mazda B2200 98 Ford Explorer What is your opinion?

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) allows use of E-15 fuel in model year 2001 and newer autos and light-duty vehicles as well as all flex-fuel vehicles (FFV’s). EPA has NOT allowed the use of E-15 in vehicles from the 2000 model year (non-FFV’s) and earlier. EPA chose not to extend the permitted use of E-15 to 2000 model year and older vehicles in large part due to the fact that controlled tests could not be performed on such old vehicles due to various mileage levels, types of use, state of repair and other variables that would render the test results inconclusive. The bottom line is if your vehicle is from model 2001 onward, E-15 is deemed perfectly acceptable by the EPA pursuant to EPA sponsored tests and investigations. If you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you, particularly if you just need more information to make a wise, informed decision.

3. Can I use E 15 gas