Q: Dsc malfunction, engine service soon, and engine malfunction reduced power.

After stepping at the gas engine service soon came on the screen. Also the car started shivering. And engine malfunction reduced power showed up and when I hit 40mph the Dsc malfunction comes on and the car does go only 15 to 10 mph.

The most common cause for the DSC coming on is a speed sensor at one of the wheels not working properly. The Check Engine Light comes on anytime a critical system is having a problem. The reduced speed is due to the engine control module that has not seen a major failure of a critical function and going into failure mode. You need to have the Check Engine scanned for codes and diagnosed. Once the scan is done and code is retrieved, then a pinpoint test for the code(s) will locate the cause of this problem.

• Dsc malfunction, engine service soon, and engine malfunction reduced power.