Q: Car starts but won't drive and all the lights on the dash board are on.

asked by on February 04, 2017

I have 04 nissan quest car starts but doesn't drive I can move into gears but I push the gas pedal and nothing and all the lights on the dash board are on too. And my battery died completely boosted it but it didn't charge or stay long enough to even roll my windows up help

Hi there. The battery is beyond charge and needs replaced. After replacing the battery, you would need to check for a parasitic load on the vehicle to see why the battery lost power. Disconnect the negative battery cable and put it by the battery. Get a digital meter and check for a voltage from the negative battery cable and the negative battery post with the ignition key off. If there is a battery voltage present, then something in the car is on. Be sure to have all of the doors shut. Turn on everything in the car one thing at a time. When the battery voltage drops to 0 or near 0, then that component is causing the battery to drop in voltage. If you need further assistance with your battery going dead, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.