Q: Car gears won't move

I pulled the car into gear, and it popped and stayed in Reverse. Now I can't get the gears to move.

Hi. Looking at my repair database, I don’t see that your van was offered with a manual transmission. Therefore, I am going to assume your vehicle is equipped with the 4T65E automatic transmission. It sounds like your problem may be with the transmission linkage under the vehicle. If the linkage fails, you will have no connection between your gear selector and transmission. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect your vehicle’s shifting problems and replace any other possible damaged parts.

3. Car gears won't move