Q: Engine idling and check engine light on

My Lexus has only 80,000 miles on it. The check engine light comes on and ithe car ides sometimes. They say that the valves have build-up in the shop. Could this be causing this?

Carbon build-up on the intake valves is a common issue on the IS250. Lexus recommends to remove the valves and clean them while other manufacturers use anything from an intake cleaning solvent to sandblasting using walnut shells to remove the carbon. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to assist with inspection of the intake system and diagnosing your Check Engine Light.