Q: I put a penny in place of a fuse, tried to start my car and now it wont start and makes a grinding sound when i try to start it

I put a penny in place of a fuse, tried to start my car and now it wont start and makes a grinding sound when i try to start it

Hi there. Putting a penny in place of a fuse, not recommended, replace with the correct fuse. The fuse is there, to protect the circuit. If the fuse blows, there is a short to ground. The grinding sound, when you try to start your vehicle, could be the starter. The starter drive could be at fault or the flywheel has a problem. I recommend having your vehicle’s no start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.

• I put a penny in place of a fuse, tried to start my car and now it wont start and makes a grinding sound when i try to start it