Q: Can't get check engine light to go off.

asked by on August 14, 2017

I've had a motor replacement done and can't seem to get my check engine light to go off, so I can pass the emissions test. The reading for the code that comes up, is an oil pressure sensor which has already been replaced. I wonder if my ECM/PCM needs to be reprogrammed. The shop wants to pull my dash apart thinking that might solve the issue but I honestly think it'll be a waste of time and money. The car drives fine but can't seem to get this light to go off. What could be causing this issue? What can I replace to resolve this issue?

Hi Aaron. Typically when a motor is replaced, the ECU is reprogrammed by a dealership to ensure that the sensors on the engine communicate with the ECU correctly. If this step is not completed, problems like you have described will often occur. However, it is possible that an exposed electrical wire or a fault with the oil pressure itself is the source of your problem. Unfortunately, we do not complete the reprogramming services, so you’ll likely have to contact a local Dodge dealership for assistance with this.