Q: Battery/alternator/carburetor - anything in common? 2004 Nissan

Last weekend, I left the light on in my car and Found that the battery had died when I returned from a weekend traveling. I jumped my car and went to work. I had to jump it again to get it running as the battery had died again. I decided to take it to the auto shop to check if the battery was bad. They claimed both the battery and alternator was bad. Although my coworkers said it was unlikely that both woukd go out, I decided to give the mechanics the benefit of the doubt and replaced both the alternator and the battery. Before they would replace it, they made me come into the shop to show me that my car 'rough idles'.(Just vibrates a little when starting the car; very minorly). When they returned the car, it now won't start unless I push on the gas petals when starting it. Otherwise it stalls & shacks & vibrates violently when idling which it was never done. Another mechanic said the caburator was the problem. Could the 1st mechanic have caused the problem? They have a bad reputation

Hi there - it is possible that a faulty alternator - one that is not charging the battery adequately - can kill the battery. Leaving your lights on for an extended period of time, so that the battery is completely dead, can kill a battery as well. It’s possible for both to fail at the same time, but not common. As for the rough running - your Nissan does not have a carburetor - it has fuel injection. Rough low speed running can be caused by a malfunctioning idle air control valve, dirty throttle body, low fuel pressure, and a number of other issues. Have an auto parts store check for problem codes - most will do this for free on a "time-available" basis. For a trusted assessment of current running condition, I recommend a rough running inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Battery/alternator/carburetor - anything in common? 2004 Nissan