Q: What does the antilock brake system (ABS) Warning Light mean in a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox?

What does the antilock brake system (ABS) Warning Light mean?

The antilock brake system (ABS) Warning Light is located on your instrument control panel. This alert illuminates when there is a problem with your ABS system, which is a key component in your brake system. However, sometimes the ABS Warning Light comes on erroneously. If you notice that the light has illuminated, turn off your vehicle, and then turn it back on, and start driving. If the light remains illuminated after you have eclipsed 13 mph, the there is an issue with your brake system, and you should have your car inspected as soon as possible. Tip If the brake system Warning Light comes on at the same time as the ABS Warning Light, then your issue may be a generic brake problem. If the brake system Warning Light does not come on with the ABS Warning Light, then the issue is your ABS. Like all warning lights, the ABS Warning Light will briefly illuminate when your vehicle is turned on. The light is only a problem if it stays lit when the engine is running.