Q: Dashoard lights on, loss of engine power

I have several problem with the car that all started happening simultaneously without any warning. The other day, while I was driving, the dashboard suddenly illuminated the ABS, VDC and slip indicator lights. Also the engine has a loss of power. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. What preceded this was stopping to get the gas tank filled. What could be the problem?

Hello. We will be happy to assist you with your 2010 Nissan Cube. The problem you are describing could be the result of a faulty alternator. The alternator supplies the proper amount of power to the ABS system, the VDC system, and the anti-slip system.

If the alternator is compromised, the systems will not receive the proper power to run the systems and the illumination of those lights may occur. The light illumination will be accompanied by a numeric code in the vehicle’s computer. I recommend having a technician retrieve the codes from the computer and testing the electrical system of the vehicle to determine the cause of your vehicle’s loss of power. From there, you can move on with the correct repairs.

3. Dashoard lights on, loss of engine power