Q: Just noticed a huge oil leak trailing my car. It seems to be coming from below the engine. I recently had my oil changed a month

asked by on September 24, 2016

My oil leak is very large , I lost a quart of oil in a mile radius. The oil seems to be coming from below the engine between the front tires. I noticed the oil leaking behind my car as I pulled into my driveway. The strange thing is I turned the car on and laid down under it and it didn't drip , it only seems to leak as I'm driving. But it's a huge amount of oil. A month ago I had my oil changed at Walmart they had told me I had no oil in the car , after they put new oil in I checked it regularly for the last month , it didn't lose a drop. Now in the last mile I lost a quart and it doesn't seem to be leaking again now. Please help me , im.blown away

Change Oil and Filter $92.33 - $166.24 Get a Quote

You might have a problem with the oil filter leaking when you rev the engine and increase the oil pressure. This can be from a collapsed oil filter media or excessive oil pressure from the engine. I recommend having the oil and filter replaced using a good quality filter and have the oil leak verified to be from the filter. Make sure to not run the engine low on oil. If you are finding you do not want to drive with the leak, a mobile technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office, and replace both your filter, and oil.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr