Q: Key fob won't unlock or lock doors

My key fob won’t unlock or lock the doors. After using the valet key to unlock the door, then the key fob will work for about 30 seconds. But after that, I can’t lock or unlock the doors with the fob or with the switches inside the truck. I have an EVTS tracking device. Since the key fob will work for a few seconds, what is your advice in order to fix it?

I believe you should have a technician use a capable scan tool to test the immobilizer and security system of the vehicle. There are likely codes present that will lead you directly to the issue. Also have them test the EVTS because it is possibly interfering with the factory immobilizer system.

I’d recommend getting some help from a certified mechanic who has the tools and capability to diagnose the issue with your doors. Once this is done, an accurate repair can be made.

3. Key fob won't unlock or lock doors