Q: Throttle. 2006 Mercedes Benz ML350

While driving normally I would suddenly lose my throttle pedal, it would be like pressing nothing. No engine lights come on but to fix that problem I must turn off my car then turn it on back again and it would work normally for about 30 minutes then the same problem occurs.

Hi there. This sounds like a throttle position sensor problem. The throttle position sensor relays the position of your foot on the pedal to the car’s ECM, which then tells the fuel injection system how much more or less fuel to put into your engine. When this happens, your car’s engine will respond accordingly. It does seem odd, however, that no Check Engine Lights were triggered from this happening. I recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the throttle issue in person to have this correctly addressed.

3. Throttle. 2006 Mercedes Benz ML350