Q: Car is making noises from an unknown source. Possible alternator problem?

How can i tell exactly where it is coming from. No real symptoms

Remove the belt and check for noise. If the noise is gone, rotate the components that are associated with the belt. Check for smooth operation and noise. Noise that persists with the belt off could originate from inside the engine. If you’d like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform this inspection.

3. Car is making noises from an unknown source. Possible alternator problem?