Q: The vehicle jolts only when I am accelerating to get on the expressway. What may be the cause?

When I am accelerating quickly for example to get on the expressway the car jolts or jerks. It's not very hard but enough to raise concern. There is no noise that I noticed. But it only does it when I'm accelerating really quickly please let me know that this isn't something serious for I just bought this car.

This sounds like you are getting an engine misfire on acceleration. You will need to have the ignition system checked to see if you need plugs and wires or if it is a bad coil. Most likely you have a bad plug and plug wire and dirty injectors. If you would like an inspection, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to test the vehicle and pinpoint the cause of the jerking issue.

• The vehicle jolts only when I am accelerating to get on the expressway. What may be the cause?