Q: I know my truck is a Sierra 2500, my question is can you interchange a 1978 GMC trucks brake booster with my 1997 GMC truck?

I have an old 1978 GMC truck that I don't use. My brake booster on the 1997 GMC Sierra 2500 went out, and I'm wondering if I can pull the brake booster from the old truck and put it in the new one?

Hi there. The best thing to do is remove both brake boosters from the 1997 and the 1978 truck and look at them. As the years went on, then design of the brake boosters changed a little bit. You will just need to make sure that the mounting surfaces are the same and the brake pedal connection is the same. My recommendations is to get a new brake booster so that the diaphragm is not in jeopardy of being ripped from old aged. If you need further assistance with the brake booster, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.