Q: OD2 scanner read trouble code P0101

I had the mass air flow sensor switched out in March because my service engine soon light came on. It just came on again 2 weeks ago. I put a new mass air flow sensor in, cleared the error code, and the service engine soon light came on again. I erased the code, got a new gas cap because that light had come on in the summer. The service engine soon light came on again and still read P0101, which is mass air flow corcuit range/peformance. I am at a loss of what to do now.

Your computer may not be able to correctly interpret the data from the mass airflow sensor on your engine causing the P0101 code to keep returning.

The manufacturer has a Technical Service Bulletin that came out January 30th of 2015. The bulletin number is NTB12-051J and it is for the engine code P0101 returning over and over again. The computer program will need to be reprogrammed using the CONSULT scanner with the latest calibration files from the manufacturer.

You can consult a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to make sure this is the problem by scanning the Check Engine Light for other codes first. You may have to get the Nissan dealer to reprogram the computer and perform all steps in the service bulletin after reprogramming it to relearn the throttle and idle controls.