Q: My water pump just dumped all its fluid. Is it safe to drive my truck if I fill it back up with water without a new pump?

asked by on November 01, 2016

Is it safe to drive my truck after the water pump went out if I keep putting more water in it will te water even get pushed through the engine to cool it down

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Water Pump Replacement $171.86 - $1147.02 Get a Quote

Anytime there is no or low coolant in a vehicle, it can be very harmful to the engine. Low coolant can cause a seized engine or a blown head gasket.

It is recommended that you have the vehicle towed to a location to have the cooling system repaired. If you can, refill the engine with coolant, and if the fluid does not run out as quickly as you put it in, then you may be able to drive a short distance to a safe location, but it is not recommended.

If you need assistance, get a mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect and determine the source of the leak, and replace the water pump, if needed.