Q: My car stopped while driving and wont go into gear

asked by on December 13, 2016

My car was driving down the road fine then I heard a clacking noise then car stopped and rolled and wouldn't go back into gear to move

Loud noises when car is put in gear Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. What seemed to happen is transmission may have broke a something inside it like a thrust bearing or a drive sun shell. This is common for the transmission to do on normal driving as the vehicle ages. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your noise that you heard and help you with your transmission.