Q: Front of car sitting on front passenger's side wheel

asked by on February 11, 2016

When I was driving, I heard a loud snapping sound coming from the front passenger's side. I looked and the right side of the car is sitting on the front wheel.

If the tire is gone, or shredded, you had a blow out and will need to replace the tire. If the suspension is sagging to the point that the fender is rubbing the tire, you have a suspension failure. This could be the strut, spring, or the chassis. I suggest having a trained technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle’s suspension and tires to determine the extent of the damage and inform you of necessary repairs.