Q: Will the transfer case out of a 93 manual Dakota fit into a 96?

Will the transfer case out of a 1993 dodge dakota 3.9l v6 5 speed fit in a 1996 dodge dakota 3.9l v6 auto

Hello. My research indicates that those two different model years of Dakota use two different models of transfer case, as indicated by their part numbers. This means that they are likely different and are not cross compatible. Depending on what transfer case you need, you may be able to use one from a Dakota that is of a closer year, however not of the two listed.

3. Will the transfer case out of a 93 manual Dakota fit into a 96?