Q: Battery leaking and car overheating

asked by on February 20, 2016

The battery is leaking and my car is overheating. To top it off, the Check Engine light is on.

Hi. The battery can be serviced, but I recommend you replace the battery it to avoid further complications. Be sure that any fluid that has leaked onto other parts in the engine is cleaned up. The Check Engine Light most likely has to do with the engine overheating and can help with diagnosing the cause. You should not drive the car if it is overheating as you can cause significant damage to the engine without proper cooling. You should have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the Check Engine Light and diagnose the overheating issue to make your car drivable again.