Q: Car has a bad wobble when going down the road, gets worse when applying the brakes but better with higher speeds. 2004 Nissan Murano

asked by on March 15, 2017

Horrible wobble in the right front area just did the whee bearing about 800 miles ago. The faster you go the better it gets but it get really bad when you apply the brakes. The is no play in the tire as far as I can tell

Hello - you may have a bent wheel, a wheel with a dent on the inside of the rim. You don’t mention why the wheel bearing was changed, but modern wheel bearing assemblies (with dual, concentric ball-bearings) are sensitive to potholes and curbs - shock loads. If the wheel bearing was changed for this reason, you still have a damaged wheel causing the wobble. I recommend a vibration and shaking inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.